The Elefsina Archaeological Museum is housed in the archaeological site of Elefsina and is one of the first museums of the Greek state. It is currently not accessible to the public and will remain closed until 2022 for maintenance work.
The building was constructed in 1890 with Germanos Kaveraus as architect. It was originally intended to house the archaeological finds of the archaeological site. It was extended in 1892 by the Greek architect G. Kafkaev. The building was extended in 1892, with the construction of the building in 1892 by the Greek architect Greek Moussi.
The building, ground floor, tiled roof, originally had five rooms, while around 1930 a new room was added in order to include vessels and small finds from the sanctuary and the cemeteries (excavation by K. Kourouniotis). In the years that passed some renovations were carried out and in 1960 the Museum was enriched with new finds while in 1973 two models were placed with a representation of the main buildings of the Sanctuary of the 6th century BC and the 2nd century BC. After the great earthquake of 1999, which caused serious damage to the Museum and the archaeological site, repairs were made.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.